Friday, May 21, 2010

Pardon Me

Another of my Flashshot publications. Was posted March 5 and I think it's one of my personal favorites...there is too much potential with this one...question is, should I go with full length horror, or tone it down for a kid's story?

Pardon Me
by Michelle Nielsen

"Mama?" Her young son stood by her bed in footed pajamas, his teddy bear in hand.

"Yeah, baby?" she muttered in her sleep.

"The boogieman's under my bed again..."

"Tell Mr. Bear to eat him up..." she mumbled, not wanting to be disturbed.

The next morning she was startled to find bones under her son's bed. She swept the mess out and looked around trying to figure out what else was amiss. She noticed odd stains on the teddy bear's gold-furred belly and speculated that her son had tried to feed it ketchup again.

The teddy bear burped.

No comments: