Saturday, November 6, 2010

Inspriation in all its forms

I will admit one thing about Spellbound and Senseless, my comic strip.  It started off as a fluke after watching my own furry companions, Bow and Stitch, interact with one another on a daily basis.  Anyone who owns two or more cats at a time could tell you how funny they can be; it moves from an agreeable relationship to wrestling and chasing and back again.  Unfortunately, a lot of their behaviour is "wash and repeat"...heavy on the "repeat", which forced me to take another look at the potential with the strip.  It will resume a weekly release schedule in January after the holidays.

I gain inspriation from other sources as well.  Being a former Theater major in college, I do have an appreciation for Shakespeare's work, bringing me into an interesting piece I'm working on,  A horror version of Romeo and Juliet.  Keeping it fresh means that I'm switching things up a bit, yet I'm attempting to keep much of  the dialog intact or at least keeping the spirit of the meaning.  I've got some great things in mind for this one.  The only thing I can do is go over the top

No comments: