Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Halloween

This time of year is always a challenge.  I've worked in this costume shop for nearly fourteen years and never have I ever experienced a dull moment. 

Mostly my job consists of pricing, but usually I'm doing what the boss requires of me, including inventories, filing, some light office work, marking down merchandice, stocking and in some cases espionage.  I think that would be the best part about it..although I don't utilize any disguises to do so.  I probably should, considering where I work.

I'm discovering the hardest part about it, especially when I've got projects that I'm working on like my strip, is I have no time or energy to do what I want to do when I get home.  I'm working six days a week now and I may have to go in on my day off if another worker doesn't come in.  It's happened before.  I can't even have a Halloween party because of work.  Fortunately it sounds like I will be getting the actual day of Halloween off. 

You know you're running low on time for yourself when you think you're lucky just to get a load of laundry done.

No comments: