Sunday, October 17, 2010

Battling Doubt

Came up with this poem today while in a rather dark place emotionally speaking.

Battlilng Doubt

Wake to a grey sky,
Stuck in a rut in my life,
The Devil’s got his claws in me.
Where did I go wrong?
Can’t find where I belong,
Why won’t these fears let me be?


Someone said something,
I know what it’s about.
Yet there seems to be no stopping these doubts.


Trying to find my friends,
Or is it all just pretend?
There’s no knight in bright armor for me.
Do I matter at all?
Should I embrace the fall?
That’s the only place I seem to be free.


Did I say something?
Was I completely wrong?
Around me, doubts come to throng.


I’m the only one to fight,
To try and make things right,
There’s more to life as there is to me.
I’ll hold my head high,
I’ll double dare doubt to try,
Cause I will be what I’ve got to be.

written by Michelle Nielsen

No comments: